Reports to: V. P. Administration/Finance
Staff: 4 Direct reports
- Cost Accountant
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Payroll Clerk
- 1 Indirect report: Plant Secretary/Receptionist
Manage, direct and coordinated the office activities, maintain company accounting system and records.
- Direct the daily office functions to insure error free reporting.
- Produce review and distribute monthly financial statements.
- Participate in the monthly earning re-projections.
- Participate in the annual budget process.
- Maintain the property, Plant and Equipment Asset records.
- Process Insurance payments.
- Process Property tax payments.
- Maintain the Capital Expenditure log.
- Review bank reconciliation’s.
- Review payrolls for hourly and salary employees.
- Review Weekly and Monthly Accounts Receivable invoicing.
- Prepare Net Proceeds of Mines report.
- Prepare annual Tax Audit Kit and 10-K report.
- Prepare quarterly Audit kit.
- Maintain General Ledger.
- Maintain Check Stock (AP and Payroll) and Distribution Log of said stock.
- Prepare various journal vouchers in preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Maintain internal controls in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley standards.
- Participate in various audits conducted by corporate, local governmental agencies.
- Provide support in the preparation of various outside governmental reports.
- Prepare and provide financial analysis as required by local and corporate management.
- Troubleshoot computer problems with both in house personal computers and the accounting system computers and related software.
A degree in accounting or related field in addition to a minimum of five years’ experience in accounting or related field. Have working knowledge of computers, must be proficient in Excel, Word and ERP systems. MS Dynamics experience is a plus.
Structuring and executing work activities through effective planning, organizing, delegating and controlling. Appropriate interpersonal and management styles and methods in guiding individuals and groups toward goal achievement.
Individual must lead by example. Individual must possess and display, creativity, initiative, business ethics, motivation (self directed). Individual must be a self-starter and set their priorities in vision, focus and action. They must set high expectations for themselves and subordinates and continually channel all efforts through stretching assignments. Individual must be an effective delegator and hold her/himself and subordinates accountable. Individual must have ethical behavior and be supportive of the organization’s values.